Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Feature: Schooling in the News

People regularly feed me news articles concerning both homeschooling and public school education.  Friends, relatives, and readers email links to news articles concerning teachers, students, classroom trends, policy trends, and disciplinary issues, as well as casual mentions of homeschooling.  You name it and I’ve received it.  Usually these emails contain a note such as the subject line on a recent email from my wife: They Just Feed You This Stuff for Your Blog.  I am grateful for all of the help that I have received.   Don't stop sending those links!

Today I have the pleasure of announcing two new features on The Homeschool Apologist.  There are new pages titled “Homeschooling in the News” and “Public Schools in the News.”  You can find their links on the page bar directly underneath the title banner.  “Homeschooling in the News” is a listing of current news articles concerning homeschooling that are appearing online across the United States.   “Public Schools in the News” is the public school counterpart.  I cannot write about each and every school related news article that I locate, or that is sent to me.  So, I created an online clearing house for all school-related news stories.  It’s a Drudge Report for the homeschooling community.   Each day I will update the list with links to online articles.  If you are interested, the stories are there for you to read. 
I hope you find the information both useful and enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    I think you have people reading but not necessarily commenting. Your followers are slowly but steadily increasing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Great idea!! I've had the same thing happen....and MANY times it's simply more effective to post a news article than try to write about it!! Fantastic. That's why we pay you the big bucks. :-)

    ReplyDelete